Spokane Valley Demographics
The City of Spokane Valley has a population of about 101,000; the Spokane metro area has an overall population of about 452,000. Spokane Valley host 43,000 households with an average household annual income of $69,800 (as of March 1, 2021). The city is home to a labor force of more than 51,000. Please view the schematic below for additional information.
The Spokane Community Indicators website also provides comprehensive demographic data for the city and surrounding region, including labor force, demographics, consumer spending, wages and housing information.
For additional demographics on Spokane Valley and Washington state, visit:
- United States Census Bureau (USCB)
- Washington State Office of Financial Management
- This department provides the city’s official population estimate and housing data. This information, updated each year on April 1, is cited in statutes that use population as criteria for fund allocations, eligibility or program operations.
- The Washington State Employment Security Department
- This department is responsible for data and analysis of the state’s employment condition, economy, job market and workforce. Its site is home to reports on monthly employment, occupation information, industry trends and more.