Available Industrial Space
When it comes to industrial space, Spokane Valley offers both move-in ready and built-to-suit spaces. The city is pleased to provide a list of industrial properties for lease below. For additional property search options, view the Spokane Regional Site Selector tool on our Locate Properties webpage.
Existing Industrial Areas and Business Parks
The northeast industrial area in the City of Spokane Valley has nearly 500 acres of shovel-ready industrial property primed for development. The area is served by water, sewer and other utilities, thanks in part to a multi-year collaboration between the city, Spokane County, utility providers and private landowners to develop the area.
The area is also supported by a robust transportation network with nearby, easy access to State Highway 290 and Interstate 90. The acreage is adjacent to both BNSF Railway and Union Pacific railroad mainlines and includes a Union Pacific spur.
The city completed the environmental analysis for all 500 acres in the industrial area in March 2019. As a result, commercial or industrial projects that qualify are not subject to additional review under the State Environmental Policy Act. Interested to see if your project might qualify? Learn more about the city’s Planned Action Ordinance.
Here are some recent developments in the northeast industrial area:
- Amazon operates a fulfillment distribution center in the area. The 1.3 million-square-foot center opened in fall 2021 and will employ over 1,000 workers at full capacity.
- Mercer Mass Timber operates a 250,000-square foot cross-laminated timber manufacturing plant in the industrial area. The facility was constructed in 2018 by Katerra, a global company that filed bankruptcy in June 2021. Mercer acquired the factory in August 2021.
- The Spokesman-Review Newspaper announced in February 2019 that it will move its print publishing operations from downtown Spokane to a new building in the 19200 block of East Euclid Avenue in the northeast industrial area. Construction of the new building should be completed in late fall or early winter.
- Spokane Metals, a steel fabrication company, announced in March 2019 that it will relocate its operations from Airway Heights to the northeast industrial area in late 2019. It will construct a $2.4 million facility at 4100 N. Barker Road. The company cited that fact that most of its employees live in Spokane Valley as a factor in the decision to relocate.
- Krueger Sheet Metal announced plans in June 2019 to construct a 60,000-square-foot manufacturing facility and warehouse on 37 acres of land in the city’s northeast industrial area. The company indicated it may build an additional two warehouses in the future.
This full-service business park offers 615 acres that is a combination of light and heavy industrial with most of the property being heavy, located in Spokane Valley between Interstate 90 and State Route 290. The park is one of the largest in the country, with a total of 5 million square feet and lease-able spaces ranging from 1,200 to 120,000 square feet.
Owned and managed by Crown West Realty, The Park is one of the region’s largest employment centers with over 120 resident companies employing in excess of 4,500 people. It offers solutions from existing buildings, to build-to-suit facilities and improved parcels. Grade-level and dock-high warehouses, rail service by both Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Sante Fe, clear height up to 37 feet, fenced storage areas and redundant fiber optics are just a few of the available amenities. This facility offers on-site management and maintenance staff ready to assist resident companies. Major tenants include Inland Empire Distribution Systems, Spokane Industries, Fastenal Inc. and Spokane Packaging.
Crown West announced plans in June 2019 for a multi-building project located near the corner of Fifth Street and Euclid Avenue within The Park. Plans called for the construction of four to five buildings, approximately 500,000 square feet in total, which would transform the southeast corner of The Park into a state-of-the-art distribution and logistics center to be known as the Euclid Logistics Center. Phase one of the project kicked off in fall 2019 and has been fully leased. Due to its success, Crown West has announced it will commence construction of Phase II in late September 2020. Both buildings are 120,000-square-foot, concrete-tilt, featuring 36-foot clear heights, cross-dock capacity, 135-foot truck courts and built to LEED standards. Phase II will be ready for occupancy spring 2021.
With more than 500,000 square feet of floor space, this Spokane Valley park has a mix of available floor space, build-to-suit opportunities, and open yard space. Major tenants include Pepsi and Empire Cold Storage. Ideal for manufacturing, shipping and distribution businesses, this property offers 26 acres for future expansion and is one of the largest buildings in eastern Washington. The site is easily accessible by railway and ground transport from two I-90 exits. This means convenient freeway access, visibility to commuters and a short commute for employees.
Yardley Business and Industrial Area
The Yardley Township in the Spokane Valley region is home to the BNSF Spokane Intermodal Facility. Additionally, the township houses a variety of industries such as Boise Cascade, Berg Manufacturing, Alliance Machine Systems International, Grainger Industrial Supply, SCAFCO Grain Systems Col., and more. There is plentiful shopping at big box stores and the Interstate Fairgrounds are located in the area. The fairgrounds host a variety of events all year long, such as the Interstate Fair in September, holiday events, auto shows, arts and crafts shows, and flat track racing.